Stay Updated & Connected
- Therapy Dogs On-The-Job at Home
- Bird Dog Annie's walk with the Robins
- Heavenly day for people and dogs
- Senior Dog: Break in the heat wave. Delightful morning stroll for James.
- Dogs and summer weather challenges.
- Dogs and Snakes. Annie's morning encounter.
- Jacqueline Sheehan to speak at Westhampton Public Library
- Outside: The Dogs, Me, Lilac time.
- Annie and Rowan had a date: Dog walk on New Boston Road
- Mother's Day Weekend in Maine
- The Dogs at home. Relaxing weekend with family.
- English Setter Annie gets her time in our Bridgvale Farm spa
- Therapy Dog Lily gets Bath and Trim
- Bright Spot Violet checks out the Chesterfield Gorge
- Morning dog walks: a study in nature
- From the Archives: Therapy Dog Beatrice as the Easter Bunny
- Dogs have internal time clocks. I'm certain of it.
- More thoughts of Spring on a frigid Friday morning: Hikes with Violet
- Grooming: Senior Dogs require special care.
- Spring. James and Me: Our Early Morning Walk
- Cynthia on The Adventures of Violet and Rowan: exploring the western hills
- Helene on The Adventures of Violet and Rowan: exploring the western hills
- Cynthia on Forging a Friendship: The Adventures of Violet and Rowan
- Sharon on Forging a Friendship: The Adventures of Violet and Rowan
- Bonnie on Thank you, JACQUELINE SHEEHAN
Category Archives: Living
I always say: the job of a therapy dog begins in the home. My three therapy dogs certainly proved that true over the past ten days as I lay on the couch resting my aching back. All three of my … Continue reading
Bird dog Annie was a very happy dog today. Her early morning walk was shared with two robins. I couldn’t believe it. The two birds walked side-by-side in the road about 12 feet in front of Annie and me. This … Continue reading
I hope everyone here in western Massachusetts had time to spend a few hours outside today. I spent the morning working on my book. Early afternoon, I accompanied Lily to Westhampton Elementary School for her Reading Buddy time with first … Continue reading
Whew! The air has changed. The dogs felt it immediately (well, so did I). I immediately seized this opportunity to take James for a long early morning stroll. At 12 1/2 years of age, James is termed a senior dog. … Continue reading
Most of us love summertime, people and dogs alike. We wait, counting the days ’til cold, snowy winter days end and the warmth of spring and summer days come our way. As great as it is to have mother nature … Continue reading
Early this morning, Annie came face-to-face with a snake in the corner of the dog pen. She wouldn’t leave the corner. She kept lunging into something, then backing up quickly. Even when called in for breakfast, she wouldn’t leave it. … Continue reading
Have you read Jacqueline Sheehan’s bestselling novel Lost & Found? The sequel Picture This? Or Now & Then? I have read all three of these captivating novels written by this well-known Northampton author. I couldn’t resist the black Lab Cooper in Lost & Found and following … Continue reading
I love Lilac time. Our farm property is surrounded by old Lilac bushes. The scent is intoxicating. I spend as much time as I can outside drinking in the fragrance. Heavenly. It’s a treat for the dogs when I set … Continue reading
On Monday, Annie met up with her pal Rowan, a one-year-old red Standard Poodle, for a dog walk on New Boston Road in Shutesbury, Massachusetts. It was a clear, windy day, with temperatures in the high 40′s. Burrr (it’s … Continue reading